Weekend Coffee Links: Humblebrag Editionby Lisa Barone on 04/23/2011 • No Comments | Reading Nuggets
Happy Saturday, my friends. Please take this time to congratulate yourself on another week successfully passed. To celebrate, there shall be links. Lots and lots of links. I have about a gazillion things planned for today before I head on back down to Long Island tomorrow, so let’s just get to the good stuff.
My links first, yours in the comments.
- Notifying next of kin in the age of Facebook: No longer able to control the flow of information, we’re now finding out about the death of our loves ones not from official channels, but through Facebook shares. How do we cope?
- Richard Ford on the Meaning of Work: As I writer, is what I do really “work”? Or do I just call it that to make myself feel better?
- Re-Tweeting (Not-So) Humble Promoters: I found this article completely hilarious mostly because of how true it is and how ridiculous all of us are. Because you’ve done it. You KNOW you’ve done it.
- Working best at coffee shops: A look at why people really are more productive at coffee shops than they are working from home.
- Sitting Can Kill You: Included for that awesome title and the stat that nearly half of women who sit down all day will die. I’m pretty sure nearly everyone will die anyway, where you sit or not. Unless you’re a vampire or something.
- How to graduate from Duke with your MRS degree: I’d laugh at this but I remember my father telling me when I was younger that the only reason to send a girl to college was to marry her off. So…yeah, there’s that.
- Crossword puzzle marriage proposal: Guy goes through a whole bunch of effort to craft a creative proposal and make it work. Woman…has semi-lackluster response if you ask me. Good luck, kids!
- Tickling a Penguin: Don’t even look at me like that. You’re a pile of goo on the floor right now too.
Okay, your turn. Whatcha got, Internet?
About the Author
Lisa Barone co-founded Outspoken Media in 2009 and served as Chief Branding Officer until April 2012.